Community Event Submission Guidelines
The Community Calendar provides a listing of one-time inclusive, public-facing events taking place in Reston that are sponsored or organized by RCC’s community partners and Reston-based nonprofit organizations. “Reston-based” refers to entities located within Small District 5 (largely the Reston zip codes). Organizations with registered accounts may submit events. Please visit Calendar Partners – RCC (restoncommunitycenter.com) to register for an account.
We welcome event submissions for the calendar. The RCC Media team will review event submissions and reserves the right to reject submissions that do not meeting the following criteria and guidelines:
- You must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, community association, government entity, academic institution, or other public-interest organization as determined by Reston Community Center for your event to be posted.
- Submissions should be for one-time, special events (e.g., performances, exhibitions, lectures) open to the public and not for recurring, regular meetings.
- Event must be in Reston.
- Event submissions must include a website URL for further reference.
- The contact person will be held responsible for the accuracy of the event content.
- The RCC staff are not responsible for inaccurate information (time changes, rain dates, etc.).
- RCC reserves the right to discontinue posting events from an organization if multiple inaccurate submissions are received.
- Events requiring RSVP/registration/ticket purchases must be specified and include appropriate links and/or information about taking action.
- To ensure events are posted in time to allow review of the content, please submit the event at least two weeks in advance.
- Submissions are only accepted via the event submission form located online in the Calendar Partner dashboard.
- Do not use ALL CAPS when submitting events.
- Exceptions to these guidelines may be made at the discretion of the RCC Community Calendar Administrator.
RCC reserves the right to:
- Reject event submissions that do not meet these criteria.
- Remove any submissions at any time, for any reason.
- Edit submissions for length, spelling, grammar, style and clarity.
Images should reflect the event that is being submitted. If an image is not provided, RCC will show a generic background. Some image ideas include:
- Photos of speakers (identify individuals in image alt text)
- Photos from past years’ events or print-quality posters
- Scenes, settings, or objects related to the event.
- Do not attach images that might be offensive, inappropriate, or in violation of applicable copyright laws.
- RCC reserves the right to post an alternative image.
- Image should have photographer credit noted as necessary.
- Image specifications:
- File size: minimum 900 pixels, maximum 1600 pixels
- File Type: .jpg (.jpeg) or .png is preferred.
- Orientation: Landscape (wider width than height)
- Please add alternative text so the photo is ADA accessible.
NOTE: By posting an event submission, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Reston Community Center, its Board of Governors, staff and volunteers from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these guidelines or your use of this website, including, but not limited to, your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any intellectual property or other proprietary right.