RESTON, VA – The public is invited to attend a series of meetings featuring general and focused discussion that will help Fairfax County and Reston Community Center determine the feasibility of a proposed arts venue in the Boston Properties Reston Next development.
The proposed arts center would be a result of a proffer providing the site for a facility to house a stage suitable for large-scale music and dance performances, as well as other arts-related amenities, within up to 60,000 square feet on the parcel identified as “Block J.”
Architectural firm Grimm + Parker will facilitate a series of meetings from February to April 2022. Community members, arts organizations and educators should plan to attend a session aligned with their perspective and give input regarding community needs and expectations for the facility space elements and functions. Grimm + Parker will then do rough-order-of-magnitude (ROM) cost estimating for the venue.
The pre-design framework established will provide the foundation for future Reston Arts Center design and construction tasks if the Block J proffer is accepted.
- Monday, February 14, 2022, 6:30 p.m. Kickoff Meeting. RCC Hunters Woods.
- Monday, February 28, 2022, 6:30 p.m. Focus Group: Performing Arts. RCC Hunters Woods.
- Monday, March 14, 2022, 6:30 p.m. Focus Group: Visual Arts. RCC Hunters Woods.
- Monday, March 28, 2022, 6:30 p.m. Focus Group: Arts Education, Schools, Equity/Opportunity Neighborhoods. Zoom platform.
- Monday, April 4, 2022, 6:30 p.m. General Wrap-up. Zoom platform.
To RSVP for a meeting, email RCCContact@fairfaxcounty.gov. Include your name, home address, email and the organization name if you are representing or affiliated with one, along with the date(s) of the meeting(s) desired; links to online meetings will be sent to those requesting them.
For additional information, contact Leila Gordon at Leila.Gordon@fairfaxcounty.gov.
Please click here for project background, meeting information and related materials.
# # #