For your protection and comfort, Reston Community Center offers this Code of Conduct to show our commitment to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all of our patrons and staff. To ensure safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately, behave in a mature and responsible way, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct does not permit language or actions that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below generally accepted standards of conduct. Specifically, this includes:
- Angry or vulgar language including swearing, name calling and shouting;
- Physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way;
- Displaying an object or weapon that can be considered harmful or threatening;
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person;
- Behavior deemed lewd or lascivious;
- Harassment or intimidation with words, gestures, body language or other menacing behavior;
- Behavior that intends to or results in the theft or destruction of property;
- Leaving a child under 8 years of age unattended. A child is considered unattended if they are without adult supervision and wandering around the building;
- Intrusion upon an event to which one is not an invited or registered participant; and
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Patrons are responsible for their own personal comfort and safety and should ask any person whose behavior threatens their personal comfort to refrain. Staff members are expected to respond to any reported violation of our Code of Conduct. Dismissal from a program or facility may result from any violation of the Code of Conduct. No refunds will be given.