The Community Calendar provides a listing of one-time inclusive, public-facing events taking place in Reston sponsored or organized by RCC’s community partners. RCC’s community partners are generally any nonprofits and/or community-serving civic organizations in Small District 5 (Reston). Partner organizations with registered accounts may submit events. Please contact RCCContact@fairfaxcounty.gov to register for an account.
We welcome event submissions from our community partners to be included in the calendar. The RCC Media team will review event submissions and reserves the right to reject submissions that do not meeting the following criteria:
- You must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, government entity, academic institution, or other public-interest or civic organization as determined by Reston Community Center for your event to be posted.
- Event submissions should be for special events (e.g., performances, exhibitions, lectures) open to the general public and not for recurring, regular meetings.
- Events must take place in Reston.
- Event submissions must include a website URL.
- The contact person will be responsible for the accuracy of the event content.
- RCC is not responsible for inaccurate information (time changes, rain dates, etc.).
- RCC reserves the right to discontinue posting events from an organization if we receive multiple complaints of inaccurate information.
- Events requiring RSVP/registration must specify and include appropriate links/information.
- To ensure your event is posted in time, please submit your event at least two weeks in advance.
- Submissions are only accepted via the event submission form located at [URL].
- Do not use ALL CAPS when submitting events.
- Exceptions to these guidelines may be made at the discretion of the RCC Executive Director.
RCC reserves the right to:
- Reject event submissions that do not meet these criteria.
- Remove any submissions at any time, for any reason.
- Edit submissions for length, spelling, language and clarity.
Canceling or changing event information:
- If you need to cancel or change any information about your event, please update and resubmit your event.
- Images should reflect the event that is being submitted. If an image is not provided, RCC will show a generic background. Some image ideas include:
- Photos of speakers (identify individuals in image alt text)
- Photos from past years’ events or print-quality posters
- Scenes, settings, or objects related to the event
- Do not attach images that might be offensive, inappropriate, or in violation of applicable copyright laws.
- RCC reserves the right to post an alternative image.
- Image specifications:
- At least 800 pixels
- Maximum File Size: 80 kB
- File Type: .jpg (.jpeg) is preferred
- Orientation: Portrait (longer height than width)
NOTE: By posting an event submission, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Reston Community Center, its Board of Governors, staff and volunteers from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these guidelines or your use of this website, including, but not limited to, your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any intellectual property or other proprietary right.