Serve Your Community
Leading by Example
Reston Community Center is governed by a nine-member Board of Governors that is responsible for guiding the organization’s finances and policies. This page contains Board information, Board member bios, meeting schedules and all Board documents.
Reston Community Center is governed by a nine-member Board that is appointed by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, after the residents and businesses of Small District 5 express their preferences in an annual poll. Board members serve three-year terms. The Board of Governors is responsible for these key oversight functions:
- Strategic Planning to guide RCC priorities for facilities, programs and services,
- Policy Administration to advance the purposes, governing principles and functions of RCC,
- Public and Community Relations to understand and support the Reston community,
- Fiduciary Oversight to assure responsible stewardship of RCC resources,
- Personnel to select and employ the RCC Executive Director.
RCC Board and Committee Meetings – Open to the Public
RCC Board Meetings are held the first Monday of each month (if the first Monday is a holiday, meetings are held on the following Monday). All meetings are open to the public and take place at RCC Hunters Woods. Meetings are announced on our website, in our buildings and are provided to Fairfax County calendars.